Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Balancing Act...


My life has become a major balancing act lately and I find myself having a hard time not falling off! I'm balancing home, work, teaching, student, mother, wife...and then my problem is I want to be able to relax once in awhile too and that seems to be the foot kicking at the chair leg threatening to topple me over and off the edge in one foul swoop! I know I can do this...but at the same time I am battling major procrastination! I know I need to be a little more rigid and force myself to take care of what I need to, when I need to, instead of rushing around at the last minute. For example, this past Monday was a holiday so I intended to get up early (which I did) and jump right on my reading for school so I could also get some grading done...but instead I screwed around on the computer for about an hour sampling songs on iTunes! I wish that was the end of my procrastination...but alas, it wasn't and even though I completed my chapter reading, I didn't do one stitch of grading this weekend! GRRRRR...
So I'm trying...and trying....and trying...I'll keep trying...that's my mantra anyways!! LOL

No comments: